The next Champs kit order will be made in May ready for Bumps 2018.
There are many rowing kit suppliers available. Most are expensive, take at least six weeks to deliver, and may require minimum order quantities. The thing that separates them is the quality of the kit. If you look around the clubs, the kit that usually lasts best in my opinion is JL, which is made in North America. It keeps its colour, stretchiness, and stitching doesn’t come undone. You will see JL kit being worn by rowers in the Cambridge clubs but also by many of the crews in the Olympics too. Crewroom are the UK suppliers of JL.
The kit available is likely to be:
- Unisuit (+ crest embroidery) £63.95
- Longsleeve Drywick Tech Top (+ crest embroidery) £48.45 (thicker fabric)
- Longsleeve Lite Drywick Tech Top (+ crest embroidery) £43.10 (thinner fabric)
- Shortsleeve Lite Drywick Tech Top (+ crest embroidery) £39.90
- Leggings £49.15
- Shorts £38.75
- Heavyweight Hoodie (+ crest embroidery) £35.00
- Splash Jacket with Chest Pocket(+ crest embroidery) £96.95
- Fleece Lined Splash Jacket with Chest Pocket (+ crest embroidery) £114.45
- Splash Vest Lite (+ crest embroidery) £75.90
- Zephyr (+ crest embroidery) Price TBC
All kit will have a delivery charge added (usually less than £1 each). Prices are based on at least two items being ordered.
How to Order
- Do not email me with your order.
- You will need to let me know what you want by completing the online order sheet through a link that will appear here, and then read the rest of the information below.
- If you want more than one different item, just complete the form a second time for the different item.
Deadlines and Payment
Frankly, organising a club wide kit order is an admin nightmare, so please help me make it as painless as possible! Because of the long delivery period and people want kit for Bumps, the ordering period is short. I have put a number of deadlines and conditions in place so I can ensure the order is correct and that I receive the payment from everyone who wants to order something:
- I will take the last kit orders from the Google sheet at 21.00 on Sunday 20th May.
- On Sunday evening I will contact everyone with: (1) confirmation of your order, (2) your total cost, (3) my bank details (4) a request for payment by BACS.
- All payment must be made by BACS, and must arrive in my account by 21.00 on Monday 21st May.
- I won’t accept late orders and won’t make orders without payment.
The best thing to do is try on some kit. There are lots of people around the club with JL kit; look for the JL symbol at the bottom left on the front of kit. Speak to them to check sizes. If you can’t find anyone, there is a JL Sizing Guide but be aware than kit cannot be returned if it is the wrong size.
Recommended kit for inductees
If you are just starting as a rower, I’d recommend just ordering the Short Sleeve Tech Top kit item for now. That will make you feel the part when you are racing.
If you have any questions, contact me here