There are many rowing kit suppliers available. Most are expensive, take at least six weeks to deliver, and may require minimum order quantities. The thing that separates them is the quality of the kit. If you look around the clubs, the kit that usually lasts best in my opinion is JL, which is made in North America. You will see JL kit being worn by rowers in the Cambridge clubs but also by many of the crews in the Olympics too. Crewroom are the UK suppliers of JL.
A Champs kit order will be made in May 2017.
The kit available is:
- Unisuit (+ crest embroidery) £63.95
- Longsleeve drywick tech top (+ crest embroidery + zip) £56.95
- Shortsleeve Lite Drywick Tech top ( + crest embroidery + zip) £54.70
- Shortsleeve Tech top (+ embriodery) £39.90 (not included in the pictures below)
- Leggings £49.15
- Shorts £38.75
- Sequel Splash Jacket (+ crest embroidery) £88.45
- Splash Vest Lite (+ crest embroidery) £75.90
- Polypro Ziptech Top (+ crest embroidery) £60.95
- Heavyweight Hoodie (+ crest embroidery) £29.00
- VX Cap (+ printed club name) £19.00
- Black Trucker Hat (+ crest embroidery) £20
All kit will have a 50p delivery charge added. Prices are based on at least two items being ordered and will be reduced very slightly if more than eight of that item are ordered.
How to Order
Click on this link and complete the online order sheet, and read the rest of the information below.
Deadlines and Payment
Frankly, organising a club wide kit order is an admin nightmare, so please help me make it as painless as possible! Because of the long delivery period and people want kit for the bumps the ordering period is short. I have put a number of deadlines and conditions in place so I can ensure the order is correct and that I receive the payment from everyone who wants to order something:
- I will take the last kit orders from the Google sheet at 2200 on Tuesday 23 May.
- On Wednesday 24 May I will contact everyone with: (1) confirmation of your order, (2) your total cost, (3) my bank details (4) a request for payment by BACS.
- All payment must be made by BACS, and must arrive in my account by 10.00 on Monday 29 May.
- I won’t accept late orders and won’t make orders without payment.
There are lots of people around the club with JL kit; look for the JL symbol at the bottom left on the front of kit. Speak to them to check sizes.
Recommended kit for inductees
If you are just starting as a rower, I’d recommend just ordering the Short Sleeve Tech Top kit item for now. They will make you feel the part when you enter your first race!
geraintwynstory (at) gmail.com